The Elephant Hill on the southern end of the Aberdares Ranges, is about 90km north of Nairobi, and perfect for a day hike. The Aberdares are the water catchment area feeding two of the largest dams supplying over 95% of Nairobi’s water needs, i.e. Ndakaini Dam in Thika region and Sasumua Dam near Njabini town. The Aberdares slopes are also one of the major bread baskets for vegetables supplied to Nairobi groceries, and possibly the most significant source of the second most important staple food consumed in Nairobi, the Irish potato. “Chips”
Transport to and fro
Armed guide fee
A bottle of water
* Tips and gratuities
What to carry:
* Additional drinking water as only 1ltr provided.
* Snacks, energy bars/packed lunch.
* Sun screen
* Rain jacket (just in case of change of weather)
* Proof of identification.. ID/Passport
– Casual slacks or cargo pants
– Comfy hiking shoes (No Sandals,doll shoes,official shoe or heels)
– No skirts
– Hat/cap for sun protection
– Light n warm clothing